Re: Debbugs CVS commit by doogie: source/cgi bugreport.cgi common.pl

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 11:02:45PM -0700, Debbugs CVS wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/debbugs
> Module name:	source
> Changes by:	doogie	2004/03/27 23:02:45
>
> Modified files:
> 	cgi            : bugreport.cgi common.pl
>
> Log message:
> 	Add support for reading compressed .log files.

This is mad. We've just moved to a machine with an enormous amount of
disk space, and the mirror on master should go away soon. Plus this
means every other tool that reads .log files needs to be altered:
unarchive, the bug editors like bugclean, etc. Active .log files
obviously can't be compressed. Since .log files are small, compressing
them individually is a particularly inefficient way to save space, and
anything else is way too intrusive.

We should just get a grip and not try to store the bug spool on a
machine with not enough disk space for it.

--
Colin Watson (grouchy)                        [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]