Re: Potential BTS improvements

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 02:49:38PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> But to know whether the bug affects the version in testing, cases like
> closing by sending a mail to <version>-done@b.d.o have to be correctly
> handled (e.g. "not a bug" is different from "already fixed in my upload
> waiting in incoming").

As I understand it, this has already been implemented, so maybe this
discussion should change to an examination of the new system.

However, I believe the right way to deal with this is:  Bugs are reported
against a specific package version.  We should assume that future package
versions have the bug until we reach the package version where we have
a report that the bug is fixed.

Obviously, there will be cases where this isn't precisely accurate.
Where that's a problem, the right thing to do is introduce more bug
reports (and possibly bug close messages) to provide the additional
information.

But, once again, it's my understanding that this has already been
implemented, though I don't about deployment.

--
Raul