Re: Potential BTS improvements

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

> * because bugs can be merged, it's possible to have more than one person
> who reported the same bug.  If this becomes a significant issue we might
> want to streamline this aspect of bug reporting.  The important point,
> however, is distinguishing between "can't reproduce because of user error"
> and "real bug which can't be reproduced for some other reason".

It would be great if merged bugs could be viewed in some way
together. Ah, it would be great anyway to have some sort of threaded
view of the mails to a bug, and then the merged bugs could be displayed
on one page, but with separate roots for each single bug.

Merged bugs 12345: foo is foo
            12567: foo is kind of foo
            15789: why is foo so foo?

12345: Some User
       |-> Maintainer
         |-> ...

12567: Other User
       |-> Maintainer
         |-> ...

Regards, Frank

P.S. According to Colin Watson, this should go to -debbugs. I'm not
subscribed there, so please Cc: me if necessary.
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie