Re: Hi, my debbugs won't accept bugs

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:02:43PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Is the problem with the CGI scripts known? The webpage looks in
> > /Bugs/Bugs/cgi/...
>
> Oh, just fix $gCGIDomain in /etc/debbugs/config and rerun debbugsconfig.
> I've removed /Bugs from $gCGIDomain in CVS.

Figured as much. Can you move the scripts around into Bugs
($gWebHostBugDir)? Or change the docs (see below)

> > The configure www section could mention allowing cgi and changing the
> > ScriptAlias to match (for apache).
>
> Which section? Are you talking about README? (Patches welcome.)

------------------------------README.Debian---------------------------
WWW
---
It's up to you to set up the httpd.  The basics: web files are located into
/var/lib/debbugs/www and the CGI scripts are in /var/lib/debbugs/www/cgi.
Point your server's configuration to these places.

+ http://host/$gWebHostBugDir/$gWebDomain/ on your webserver must
+ point to /var/lib/debbugs/www.  Don't forget to activate the Handle
+ for *.cgi scripts and set 'ScriptAlias
+ /$gWebHostBugDir/$gWebDomain/cgi /var/lib/debbugs/www/cgi/'
+ inserting the respective values you configure for debbugs.

Or something to that affect.

> > The crontab example could say that its a user crontab file or include
> > a user.
>
> Is it really likely that people will try to install it in /etc/crontab?
> But anyway, I've clarified that in CVS.
>
> > I'm kind of surprised that debbugs doesn't create its own user (or
> > asks for one per debconf or in the config file).
>
> Patches welcome. :) But not debconf, please. It should just create one
> with an appropriate name, I'd imagine 'debbugs'.

Something new to learn every day. Haven't created a user yet in
postinst.

MfG
        Goswin