Re: version tracking

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:31:36PM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I was wondering about this.  I received a bug report on cplay
> (#207215) saying that there are some problems with Python 2.3.
> So nothing in my package changed... another package changed and showed
> some problems in my package.  So I assume I would tell v-t that the
> bug has been there all the time, right?  But it's not really relevant
> to the version in sarge since we dont have Python 2.3 there.

I think in that case you'd have to drop back to tags. The distribution
tags will mostly be hints for when to archive a bug, but adding the
'sid' tag would be reasonable documentation here. But yes, if you
consider it to have basically been a bug in cplay all along then you
should also say found-in version-from-the-dawn-of-time.

If it were the other way round, tagging the bug 'sarge' would tell
debbugs "don't archive this bug until the fixed version appears in the
sarge suite".

Cheers,