Re: Feature request (is that feasable or who do you do it?)

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 08:42:33PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:16:56PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > > I was trying to extract infos from the BTS system automatically and
> > > found it difficult to access specific infos. The web pages are not
> > > realy maschine friendly.
> >
> > Please see the thread started by Mark Howard on this mailing list a
> > while back. There's a patch there that we need to review.

Sorry I've not followed up to that. I've been planning to do more work
on it over the next few weeks. I tidied up my changes - these are
available at http://bugs.debian.org/~mh/machine-interface/
e.g.
http://bugs.debian.org/~mh/machine-interface/machpkg.cgi?src=galeon&show=lastmod&show=bug&show=title

They're still not perfect, but much better than the scripts I sent out
before.

> What other fields does bugwatcher need?
Last modified date is quite important. Also, the ability to change what
is displayed as done with the &shows in the url above.

The scripts should be fairly simple to create patches for the existing
cgis, although I was waiting until I'd improved them a little more
before doing this.

Also, I've not yet put much thought into the format of the bug report
output. I'd really like the full report (I think!) so bugwatcher can
parse it how it wants; but those control characters probably aren't
transparent enough.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :