Re: version tracking plans?

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:38:51PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> > I've been looking at modifying a copy of dak/katie.py to list which
> You're duplicating a lot of work.

Luckily I hadn't dug into it too much yet.

> > Colin Watson, any progress on a test BTS? I know we decided that we should
> > get that up before planning, but I couldn't help myself.
>
> I worked on this a lot at debcamp in discussion with Anthony Towns and
> am approaching completion (just the control interface and the
> katie->debbugs communication left to do, but the latter can be hacked if
> necessary). http://bugs.debian.org/~cjwatson/debbugs/, not necessarily
> updated regularly, no warranty, etc.

Wow! Very useful. Thanks! It may not be perfect, but I'm already finding
it useful in doing some package work on a package that I took over.

> (I wasn't planning to announce this until it was more ready to save
> wasting people's time trying to review incomplete code, but there's no
> point in you wasting time on stuff that's already been done either.)

Sorry if I pushed this out into the open. Is there anything left that
you'd like some help with? My offer to help still stands if I'd be of any
use... I must say that I'm quite impressed with the way that it works
already.

I should have taken a look at your version tracking discussion page [1]...
I missed reading the status information at the bottom.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/~cjwatson/version-tracking.html

     Drew Daniels