Re: version tracking plans?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:38:51PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> I've been looking at modifying a copy of dak/katie.py to list which
> versions close which bugs, and to get a way to list all the different
> versions from the changelog. I'm trying to work towards version tracking
> as has been discussed before on this list.

You're duplicating a lot of work.

> Colin Watson, any progress on a test BTS? I know we decided that we should
> get that up before planning, but I couldn't help myself.

I worked on this a lot at debcamp in discussion with Anthony Towns and
am approaching completion (just the control interface and the
katie->debbugs communication left to do, but the latter can be hacked if
necessary). http://bugs.debian.org/~cjwatson/debbugs/, not necessarily
updated regularly, no warranty, etc.

(I wasn't planning to announce this until it was more ready to save
wasting people's time trying to review incomplete code, but there's no
point in you wasting time on stuff that's already been done either.)

Cheers,