Bug#170630: marked as done (debbugs: please have control bot report what tags applied to a bug before the change)
Your message dated Fri, 06 Jun 2003 05:02:07 -0400
with message-id <E19OD6tfirstname.lastname@example.org>
and subject line Bug#170630: fixed in debbugs 2.4.1
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 25 Nov 2002 05:25:17 +0000
>From email@example.com Sun Nov 24 23:25:16 2002
Received: from pcp942041pcs.cstltn01.in.comcast.net (apocalypse.deadbeast.net) [184.108.40.206]
by master.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 18GBkC-00012u-00; Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:25:16 -0600
Received: by apocalypse.deadbeast.net (Postfix, from userid 1000)
id B0D9F3DA3; Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:24:45 -0500 (EST)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
From: Branden Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
Subject: debbugs: please have control bot report what tags applied to a bug
before the change
X-Mailer: reportbug 2.9
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:24:45 -0500
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-0.1 required=5.0
Version: unavailable; reported 2002-11-25
I recently suffered (yet another) fit of dyslexia when manipulating an
XFree86 bug via the BTS's control bot.
It was easy to revert the reassign and retitle commands, because the
control bot helpfully lets you know what the old package assignment and
title was when it sends you the ack for the new ones.
However, the control bot does not at present report what the tags were
on the bug before you changed them. One has to go look up the report to
find out, and this is error-prone. (These are the same people who
transposed digits in the bug number in the first place.)
Please have the control bot mention what the existing tags were on the
bug, as well as acking the tags that were added, removed, or set.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux apocalypse 2.4.18 #1 Fri May 3 19:03:16 EST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C
Received: (at 170630-close) by bugs.debian.org; 6 Jun 2003 09:08:14 +0000
>From firstname.lastname@example.org Fri Jun 06 04:08:14 2003
Received: from auric.debian.org [220.127.116.11]
by master.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.35 1 (Debian))
id 19ODCo-0004Bq-00; Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:08:14 -0500
Received: from katie by auric.debian.org with local (Exim 3.35 1 (Debian))
id 19OD6t-0006p8-00; Fri, 06 Jun 2003 05:02:07 -0400
From: Colin Watson <email@example.com>
X-Katie: $Revision: 1.34 $
Subject: Bug#170630: fixed in debbugs 2.4.1
Sender: Archive Administrator <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 05:02:07 -0400
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
debbugs, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated debbugs package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:25:30 +0100
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debbugs developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Colin Watson <email@example.com>
debbugs - The bug tracking system based on the active Debian BTS
Closes: 50746 60595 136114 139696 139697 153590 170630 194892
debbugs (2.4.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Colin Watson:
- Exit the CGI scripts straight away if the HTTP method is HEAD, to save
- Display pending+fixed bugs as "fixed in NMU", not "pending upload".
- Add a man page for debbugsconfig.
- Report original tags when changing them, closes: #170630.
- Add missing <ul></ul> tags to db2html's output, closes: #50746.
- Add a 'submitter' command to service, based on a patch by Matt Kraai.
- Remove the final use of cgi-lib.pl, so it's gone. Remove copyright
notices that were there due to using it.
- Accept ';' as well as '&' as a CGI argument separator.
- db2html now works with the new hashed database layout.
- Disable the fixed severity in favour of the tag.
- MIME-encoded messages to bugs are displayed in decoded form on the web
interface (unless the "mime=no" parameter is used), closes: #136114.
- Add facility to search by tag.
- Fix rebuild script and add it to the example crontab, closes: #139696.
- Silence postinst warning if spool/db doesn't exist, closes: #194892.
- Clean up the definition and use of $gCGIDomain, closes: #139697.
* Adam Heath:
- Convert all code to use global read/write functions, instead of having
it duplicated everywhere.
- Trim trailing whitespace from pseudoheader values. Closes: #153590.
- Warn when reassigning to an unknown package. Closes: #60595.
* Josip Rodin:
- Added a terse=yes mode for bugreport.cgi, possibly useful for
monstrously long bugs.
- Purged needless date(1) forks, replaced with strftime.
be53b401dee7439bbb1a958aa9536023 651 misc optional debbugs_2.4.1.dsc
9ea18f80dd547609304640c7ec0b15f3 112166 misc optional debbugs_2.4.1.tar.gz
9ee71a369b44f2603fde74b98754a48b 85030 misc optional debbugs_2.4.1_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org> -- Debian developer
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----