Re: ANNC: New Debbugs

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, tomas pospisek wrote:
>
> > It could be left optional:
> >
> > $ reportbug --hide-email hello
>
> Er, we are talking about munging email addresses seen by the web frontend.

Sure. But Colin said that munging email addresses or not was
controversial. So my point is that if the bugsubmitter does not want his
address to be SPAMmer-parseable he should be allowed to do have it his way
(after all it's his post IMHO). To that end you could have that as an
option:

Package: hello
Severity: wishlist
MungeEmail: yes

and f.ex. reportbug could set that. Of course the bugreport parser or the
web-backend must be able to recognize the embedded instruction and act
accordingly.

*t

--
Nur was ist ein freiheitsliebender schweizer ?
        Paul Bosshard