maintainer-built binaries

Hi all,

I was looking at the TODO item about maintainer built binaries.

The simplest way to discard maintainer built binaries appears to be
that any sourceful uploads should get any associated binaries ignored.
This should make NEW work the same as it does now, make almost all
binary uploads come from buildds but not block maintainers from doing
binary-only uploads where maintainer-built binaries are needed, such as
for language bootstrap after NEW processing or later where needed.

I think the right way to implement that is that the ArchiveUpload
_install_to_suite function that installs an upload to a suite should
ignore such binaries when the discard binaries option is on.

Do we want to keep the maintainer-built binaries somewhere for future
audit purposes such as to enforce reproducible builds?

Do we want to flag the maintainer-built binary-only uploads for future
audit purposes such as to ensure they are only used for bootstrap?

Do we want to disallow maintainer-built binary-only uploads by DMs?

My initial WIP patch is here, am I on the right track with this?

https://salsa.debian.org/pabs/dak/commits/discard-binaries

--
bye,
pabs