Re: tag2upload (git-debpush) service architecture - draft

Hello,

On Wed 31 Jul 2019 at 07:53AM +01, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:

> (c-scriptedstatusquo) git debpush becomes an automated way to do what is
> currently recommended, i.e. it creates and pushes a signed git tag (to
> salsa and to dgit), creates tarballs, creates and signs .dsc+.changes,
> dputs .dsc+.changes+tarball(s).  (This might be as simple as "dgit
> push-source && git push --all --follow-tags" [C], but I haven't tested
> that.)  tag2upload doesn't need to exist.

Just fyi, it is indeed as simple as those two commands.  However, when
there are errors, it is quite a bit harder to understand what's going on
than it is with git-debpush/tag2upload, basically because there are
.dscs involved.

(I don't think we'd want to make git-debpush a wrapper for that because
it is not a pure git command, so shouldn't be in the git-* namespace.)

--
Sean Whitton