Re: issue with dependency resolver on buildds

Hi,

the buildds and wanna-build are managed by a different team:
debian-wb-team@lists.d.o.

On Thu, 2016-04-14 at 12:47 +0200, Nicolas Boulenguez wrote:
> As you may see at
>   https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libxmlada&suite=expe
> rimental
> the dependency resolver fails to install gnat-6 on most
> architectures.
>
> Some architectures build fine, so the Build-Dependency field of the
> source package is probably correct.
>
> On an arm64 porterbox, in an experimental chroot,
> # apt-get install gnat/experimental
> fails because it refuses to upgrade all GCC libraries (like libcc1-0)
> at once, but
> # apt-get install gnat-6/experimental
> # apt-get install gnat/experimental
> works as expected. So the problem is not that some dependencies are
> not available yet.
>
> Is it a bug in the dependency resolver?
> How can I help it find the upgrade path?

The buildds don't use the default dependency resolver, but switched to
the aspcud-based resolver recently. I don't know what issues it might
cause (though I had some locally where it installed an ancient
debhelper version left over in a local repository even though the
current one could just be installed fine).

Ansgar