Re: Changelog URI in Release and Hashes in .diff/Index

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 11:36:11PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> David Kalnischkies <david@kalnischkies.de> writes:
> > 1. Changelogs
> > -------------
> [...]
> > Debian "http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/CHANGEPATH_changelog";;
> > Ubuntu "http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/CHANGEPATH/changelog";;
> > Ultimedia "http://packages.ultimediaos.com/changelogs/pool/CHANGEPATH/changelog.txt";;
> > (there was a fourth variant, but the repository is dead now)
> >
> > where CHANGEPATH is e.g. 'main/a/apt/apt_1.0.10.1' (for packages build
> > by the source package apt) as this seems to be the only constant in this.
> >
> > So, I would like to request that the field
> >>>>>>
> > Changelogs: http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/CHANGEPATH_changelog
> > <<<<<
> > is added to Release files, so that hardcoding can eventually be
> > stopped.
>
> dak can add them now.  I would suggest to use something instead of
> "CHANGEPATH" that looks more like it will be substituted.  Maybe
> "${CHANGEPATH}" or "$CHANGEPATH"?

I haven't used something which looks like a shell variable to avoid
funky problems with expansions while setting/storing it as well as to
avoid anybody to believe that it should have been expanded by the
repository software, but that works either way – pick anything as you
like and I will adept the libapt code to use it.

Thanks for working on this!

Best regards

David Kalnischkies