Re: DAK Commands for Bikesheds

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for working on this.

The bikesheding on the name of Bokesheds is of very little importance,
I'm more concern that nobody really discusses the API which we will
interact with. Guys, please focus, this is the important bits!

On 09/17/2015 01:42 PM, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> [3] https://ftp-master.debian.org/users/joerg/README.commands

I've carefully tried to make sense of the above commands to try to
figure out what it would be for my own use case, which is one bs for
each OpenStack release (one every 6 monthts), backported to whatever is
the current stable.

If I understand well, I'd do:

Action: bikeshed-create
Bikeshed: bs-openstack-liberty-jessie
Base-Suite: jessie
Package: XXXXX
Auto-Update: False

I fail to see what one would put in Package, and what is the point of
this. Why would one want to import a package from Sid in his Bikeshed,
if the Bikeshed is already for Sid?

For me, I'd continue to maintain OpenStack in Sid & Experimental, but I
would also do backports uploaded to my Bikesheds. So I'm guessing that
in this case, Base-Suite would be "jessie". But then, how would I import
a package from the more generic "jessie-backports" to my Bikeshed?

Also, once we have all the bikesheding in place (pun intended...), will
we have some kind of apt command to add a Bikeshed? I mean, something
like "add-apt-repository ppa:FOO", but for Bikesheds? IMO, it would make
a lot of sense to have something like /etc/apt/bikeshed.d, and a generic
command like "apt bikeshed" (search (an online list of bikesheds) / list
(what's installed in your system) / add / remove) to maintain this. I'd
love to be able to do "apt bikeshed add openstack-liberty-jessie", or
"apt bikeshed search openstack". How would apt get a list of bikesheds
then? Will there be a Bikesheds.{gz,xz} available on our FTP mirrors? I
suppose it doesn't make sense to have this in debian/dists, so maybe
stored in debian/bikesheds? Then, will it be signed? With what key(s)?
Maybe it would make sense to have a special key for the bikeshed list?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)