Re: Needed help for Gsoc2013 Project ideas

Hi Ansgar,

It's great to hear from you. I apologize for my late reply, have been since couple of days.

>There are already a few unit tests, but many parts of dak need access to
>the repository and the database.  Just a random example: when dak
>processes an upload to unstable it makes sure the upload has a higher
>version number than already present in unstable.  We currently have no
>way of testing such code automatically.

>This is where the Summer of Code project comes in: we want you to write
>a framework for such tests and also to implement some.

I think we could use mock tests for unit testing. May be we can use pytest frame work for mock testing. Pytest provides several advantages such as it helps in reducing boilerplate (this is area where funcargs plays a very important role) and makes writing tests much more pythonic and easier.

cheers,
Abhishek