[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

multi-archive support in dak: fourth report


this is my fourth report on my Google Summer of Code project to
implement multi-archive support in dak:

The last weeks were mostly spend on testing the new code, fixing bugs
and (re)implementing a few features I found missing during testing.
I believe all required features are now implemented and hope to have
tested the code enough.  There are still some (less important)
features missing[1], but I started to work on them in the last days.

  [1] See the TODO list in my pu/multiarchive-2 branch for details.

I also gave a short talk[2] about my current work and some future ideas
for dak at DebConf.

  [2] <http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2012/debconf12/low/950_future_plans_for_dak.ogv>

Also following the general plan from my last report, the new modules I
wrote were merged into the master branch.  Some bug fixes for these are
pending review and should be merged soon as well.

This leaves one main task: merging the remaining changes which will
switch dak to actually use the new multi-archive implementation.  This
will hopefully happen in about two weeks, giving me still a bit more
time to cleanup the remaining commits (mostly write proper commit
messages; maybe rearrange some parts) and another round of testing.

As usual my current work is available in the pu/multiarchive-{1,2}
branches in my Git repository[3].

  [3] <https://ftp-master.debian.org/users/ansgar/dak.git>


Reply to: