Re: smart upload server

Hi

Dne 10. června 2010 18:15 Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> napsal(a):
On 12142 March 1977, Petr Jašek wrote:

There he is. Well, I meant to write you last weekend already, but it
went down in some other work... :(

> I've done some work on server and i'm asking you for comments/hints/etc.
> again..

Good. So you should have a protocol documentation written down, after
which you go and code stuff up. Could we see that please.
(IE, something vaguely like an RFC (but using a free license) (for
example IMAP or one of the SMTP ones), that lists exactly what can be
done, what is to be expected from both sides at that points, what
happens next, ...). The old old mail from Michael might be a good start of one.
I prefer to start code early and see what it takes, so right now i don't think
it's necessary to do such thing, because I don't extend HTTP PUT in any way,
but i will start with it and iterate on.

Now i'm trying to get into dak codebase, to see what can be done with it which
will bring me to some set of test I can do so far and according to it I will prepare
this document with commands and return codes and so.

Can you give me some advices what to focus on and what I can or should use
from dak and daklib. I've seen logs and confs but maybe i missed something.

But as I said right now it's just HTTP PUT without any extra information.

Also. Where do you have your version control system, so we can checkout
and see what you are up to?
Look at http://github.com/pjx/dsus, it's my first time so please write anything
usefull you have, I'm not sure about the licencing etc. etc.

Thanks again and let me know if I'm on some good way or totally out...

Peter