Re: Re: smart upload server

Hi

Server and client should also in some way exchange protocol versions
they know/support. Their api/abi/whateveritsnamed, so later changes can
be added easily without breaking existing software, client/server would
know the other side cant handle newfeature and wouldnt use/advertise it.

This could be done with Server/User-agent header with some version declared.

client > server: COMMAND + command (format like in file?)
server > client: OK or ERROR with some message

For commands we want them signed. Current commands file specification is
at ftp://ftp-master.debian.org/pub/UploadQueue/README, though the actual
commands we use might be different. Important part is the signature.

Yes with 'command' i meant whatever it takes, so it could be the .commands file itself and it would be on client to create this. Developer just type some command.

What do you think?

Cheers, Peter