Re: update28.py: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: update28.py: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
- From: Mario Domenech Goulart <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:29:11 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Joerg Jaspert's message of "Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:49:37 +0100")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:49:37 +0100 Joerg Jaspert <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Ok. What script is supposed to fill the suite table?
> One to be written. :)
Well, I'm trying to fill the `suite' table based on the settings from
What's the `policy_engine' field? I took a look at the
setup/init_pool.sql file but could not infer what it means. My dak.conf
file has no similar field under the Suite tree.
>> If the suite table should have those values, I don't know what script is
>> supposed to insert them. Should it be an update*.py one? Or something
>> executed before the update*.py ones?
> Well. I think you do have a nice little mountain right in front of
> you. Little as in some miles high. Nice as in totally ugly. :)
> The whole dak as it is currently in git is not really userfriendly to
> setup. Especially not when you have no pre-existant database. There are
> those few sql files in setup, but that doesnt really get you far.
> The updateXY scripts actually assume you have a database schema (and
> partly contents) that ftpmasters projectb had when we started them. Some
> of them assume a dak.conf as of their writing date (where we move data
> from dak.conf to database).
> This, obviously, as you right now experience, sucks and should be
> fixed. But its not that high on the todo, sorry. (But as always Im happy
> to get patches and stuff :)
Thanks for you words, Joerg.