Re: update28.py: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Hi

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:49:37 +0100 Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:

>> Ok.  What script is supposed to fill the suite table?
>
> One to be written. :)

:-)

Well, I'm trying to fill the `suite' table based on the settings from
dak.conf.

What's the `policy_engine' field?  I took a look at the
setup/init_pool.sql file but could not infer what it means.  My dak.conf
file has no similar field under the Suite tree.

>> If the suite table should have those values, I don't know what script is
>> supposed to insert them.  Should it be an update*.py one?  Or something
>> executed before the update*.py ones?
>
> Well. I think you do have a nice little mountain right in front of
> you. Little as in some miles high. Nice as in totally ugly. :)
>
> The whole dak as it is currently in git is not really userfriendly to
> setup. Especially not when you have no pre-existant database. There are
> those few sql files in setup, but that doesnt really get you far.
>
> The updateXY scripts actually assume you have a database schema (and
> partly contents) that ftpmasters projectb had when we started them. Some
> of them assume a dak.conf as of their writing date (where we move data
> from dak.conf to database).
>
> This, obviously, as you right now experience, sucks and should be
> fixed. But its not that high on the todo, sorry. (But as always Im happy
> to get patches and stuff :)

Thanks for you words, Joerg.

Best wishes.
Mario