Re: Debian Smart Upload Server
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian Smart Upload Server
- From: Raphael Geissert <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:57:35 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20081230124234.GA16699@hymers.org.uk>
Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Tue, 23, Dec, 2008 at 10:36:29AM -0500, Michael Casadevall spoke thus..
>> Debian Smart Upload Server Protocol
>> RFC - Drafted Tuesday 23 December 2008
> I really don't like the idea of rolling our own protocol for this. It
> smacks of a combination of NiH and overkill. We'd also have to continue
> to support ftp for the foreseeable future anyways...
> A dameon which uses inotify in order to do immediate processing and
> actually does cleanup properly seems a much more sane option to me.
> (i.e. a much re-written debianqueued)
Yeah, IMHO that's a better solution. One thing that should be kept in mind is
the number of instances handling the requests (to prevent D.O.S. attacks by
sending tons of .changes files).
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net