removals.txt

Hi,

Wouldn't it make sense to split
http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt up into, say, one file per
year or so? That file is currently 5.3M large, which (with ftp-master's
apparent current uplink speed) takes several minutes to download. Since
one would usually only want to look at the most recent data anyway, this
seems a waste of both time and bandwidth.

(I'm assuming this is a small and quick change for someone actually
familiar with the code, so no patch here; if it isn't, feel free to bug
me, in which case I'm happy to provide one)

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22