ries recovery

Hola,

debs needed:
	python-pygresql   (python pg module)
	libapt-pkg-dev    (for rebuilding sql-aptvc.so)

projectb is mostly initialised from
/srv/ftp.debian.org/backup/restore-noerr, which is derived from the most
recent dump on merkel (2007/11/03 20:44:50) as follows:

	change SQL_ASCII to LATIN1 so maintainer table is recovered
	correctly

	comment out creating the versioncmp() function because
	sql-aptvc.so is out of date

	comment out granting permissions to ftpmaster or ftpteam because
	psql doesn't know about those users/roles

	comment out the postgres authorization because dak isn't a psql
	superuser and can't do that; as such don't touch the SCHEMA table

dak probably needs to be able to create psql users so that "dak
import-users-from-passwd" can work.

When the ftpmaster and ftpteam roles are created, those commands should
be run.

	cd /srv/ftp.debian.org/backup
	diff restore restore-noerr | sed -n 's/< //p' | grep ^GRANT

To get dak kind-of working I've made two hacks:

	1) created /srv/ftp.debian.org/tmpetc with the
	dak.conf that should be in /etc/dak/, and changed
	/srv/ftp.debian.org/dak/daklib/utils.py to look in tmpetc instead
	of /etc/dak

	2) changed /srv/ftp.debian.org/dak/dak/dak.py to add tmppy from
	/srv/ftp.debian.org/ to the python path so that a pg module
	is available

Those should be reverted once they're no longer needed obviously.

The pool/ seems up to date -- it has a bunch of extra files compared to
the db that look to have been accepted in the last pulse, whose db dump
didn't make it to merkel. It is also missing a bunch of files that look
like they were expired in the same run. Also missing is:

    pool/main/x/xulrunner/xulrunner_1.8.0.14~pre071019b.orig.tar.gz

but I think it's been missing for a while now. There's a log of the
differences between pool/ and the db in:

    ries:~dak/archive-check-files.txt

I've made hardlinks to all the extra files (in the pool/ but not in
the database) in /srv/ftp.debian.org/queue/last/ and added .changes where
I could. They're organised into:

	accept/       <-- seems fine
	new/          <-- require NEW processing again
	keyexpired/   <-- Torsten Werner's key seems to have expired
	lost-changes/ <-- a couple of kde uploads that I couldn't find
	                  .changes for
	buildd/       <-- autobuilt packages without .changes

The script I used to extract .changes files from the d-d-c archive
is ~dak/extract_changes.pl.

Sadly we don't seem to have any backup of queue/done now :(

The queue/ isn't reconstructed otherwise. The lock/ dir doesn't exist
either.

The morgue/ isn't copied across from merkel yet. I haven't checked if
the files missing from the pool/ but in the db are in the morgue.

The backup/ directory isn't copied from merkel yet either, apart from the
file I used to do the restore.

(I've disabled katie's ftpsync cronjob on merkel just in case it starts
working before we've copied everything from merkel to ries)

Cheers,
aj