Re: How to use dak??

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 03:28:46PM +0800, Zhibin.Guan wrote:
> Hi,debian-dak,
>       Recently, I want to make a large debian pool repository to make a debian ftp mirror,

Just for clarity, since I'm not sure you're not misunderstanding stuff:

If you want to run a mirror of the official Debian ftp archive, you do
*not* need dak. Even more so, using dak would needlessly complicate your
setup.

For mirrorring the official FTP archive, it would be better to just use
the "debmirror" script, which was written specifically for that purpose.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22