Re: preseed d-i

Thanks for your reply!

Geert Stappers wrote:

Op 20090120 om 16:19 schreef schoappied:
Hi,

I've made an custom live-cd with d-i included. Now I want to do some preseeding and I need some help with it to getting started. I want to disable root password (enable sudo) and add a custom sources.list.

This are the options specified in the preseed.cfg to enable sudo and have a custom sources.list:

### Account setup

 [ no comment of the account setup ]

### Apt setup
# You can choose to install non-free and contrib software.
#d-i apt-setup/non-free boolean true
#d-i apt-setup/contrib boolean true
# Uncomment this if you don't want to use a network mirror.
d-i apt-setup/use_mirror boolean false
# Select which update services to use; define the mirrors to be used.
# Values shown below are the normal defaults.
#d-i apt-setup/services-select multiselect security, volatile
#d-i apt-setup/security_host string security.debian.org
#d-i apt-setup/volatile_host string volatile.debian.org

# Additional repositories, local[0-9] available
d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string \
#       http://local.server/debian stable main
 ftp://ftp.debian.us/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

the comment line after the 'continue line sign' looks strange,
make it:

d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string \
  ftp://ftp.debian.us/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

d-i apt-setup/local1/repository string \
 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ testing main

d-i apt-setup/local2/repository string \
 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

d-i apt-setup/local3/repository string \
 http://ftp.uni-kl.de/debian-multimedia/ unstable main

d-i apt-setup/local4/repository string \
 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates main contrib non-free

#d-i apt-setup/local0/comment string local server
# Enable deb-src lines
d-i apt-setup/local0/source boolean true
Ok, and if I want to enable deb-src lines for all the repo strings I do

d-i apt-setup/local1/source boolean true

...local2....
....local3...

etc.

?

# URL to the public key of the local repository; you must provide a key or
# apt will complain about the unauthenticated repository and so the
# sources.list line will be left commented out
#d-i apt-setup/local0/key string http://local.server/key

# By default the installer requires that repositories be authenticated
# using a known gpg key. This setting can be used to disable that
# authentication. Warning: Insecure, not recommended.
d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated string true

I've this in the binary file in the build environment of the live-cd:

# $LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_PRESEEDFILE: set debian-installer preseed filename/url
# (Default: )
LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER_PRESEEDFILE="/home/d/debianlive/preseed.cfg"

Are these setting right?

Right enough to try-out   8^)

I tried it out with the settings I posted you... but when I did a 'installgui' he was just asking for the root password and I thought I set it to 'false' e.g. not making a root account...

Regards,

Dirk