Re: customized netinst

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 11:58:34AM -0300, Thadeu Penna wrote:
> Is there any option for installing a set of packages from a mirror
> rather than the CD itself, in order to keep it small ?

i've long been meaning to add netboot support for simple-cdd...  network
boot and usb images are high on my priority list.

slightly more difficult would be to have simple-cdd generate just tiny
CD with just kernel and initrd, and the rest over network mirror. or
enough for d-i itself and a base system + network mirror.

now that the d-i beta is out, i hope to put more energy into simple-cdd
again.  :)

live well,
  vagrant