From: Schneider Raymond, SH-NET (EXT)
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 2:27 PM
To: debian-custom@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: linux-image issue

Hmmm.. well... to no avail... I have tried all those things suggested below and none have gotten me past this Debootstrap warning I get:

        Warning: Failure while unpacking required packages. This will be        attempted up to five times.

When looking at Alt-F4... I see the message

        var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image******.deb

(The **** obviously are not the actual name of the deb but used for brevity..)

Try as I might, I have yet to get around this.

I did not create this custom kernel image, but at this point I am starting to suspect that it may actually be the culprit. It does however, install successfully if you just do it using apt-get or dpkg on a fresh install of the system.

Any other ideas? Is there some way to get Simple-CDD to be extremely verbose?

Thanks for any additional input.. Its appreciated greatly..

-Ray