Re: Name poll (Was: New name: Call for opinions)

Le Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 10:18:54AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :

> The marketing is intended primarily to be catchy and secondary to not
> point clearly towards something with an well-defined other meaning.

Hi Jonas,

"Distribution Debian pure mélange" is unfortunately un-catchy in French,
and so will it be in other translation (I already shiver at the idea of
having a "Burendu" distribution in Japanese). I really wish we could
have a more intercultural word.

Or let's solve the problem another way and make our CDDs based on
stable+backports. Then it would be a real blend (assemblage in French),
and bleeding edge :)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy