Re: Name poll (Was: New name: Call for opinions)

Hi,

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 21:38, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Consensus doesnt mean everybody agrees. At least, rough consensus doesnt
> > mean that :-)
>
> OK, so I hope doodle is a good tool to reach this.  I started a poll at
>
>      http://doodle.ch/ggey86bvqnmcnuyb

Cool, thank you!

What I also really like is that you labeled it a "poll" and didn't set a
timeline ;-) ,

(To clarify myself a bit about this: I also think this issue is important and
should be resolved rather soon, I just don't think a static timeline helps if
followed blindly :-)

And to answer/address Jonas' comment on the poll: _if_ we vote, I'm all for
using Condorcet method - if we vote. I really prefer consensus :-)

(but/and I also think the secretary of this vote should decide :)

> The name is targeted at "thingy 1" of the CDDNamingProposals - the
> poll just leaves room for 512 characters so there was no chance to
> copy the full text of the thingy 1 specification and I used the
> explanation which was used for CDD on [2].

Maybe that info can be added there as well. (That its thingy1 only. I'd
suggest "The new term should only include CDDs which are 100% debian.")

regards,
	Holger