Re: New name: Call for opinions

Le Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:05:51AM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :
> why it was not just called Special Interest Group (SIG)

Hi Steffen,

I strongly oppose SIG, it should be reserved my hometown's "Strasbourg
Illkirch-Graffenstaden" basketball club's name ;)
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg_Illkirch-Graffenstaden_Basket

More seriously, I agree with Andreas and others that CDD such a bad name
that there is a long-term benefit to change it. While I am not
particularly found of the "DIS" acronym, I like the concept of
"integrated solution", and the DISh playword can help to make things
sound more casual when needed. I checked Google and Google Images, and
nothing bad comes with "DIS". For "Debian DIS" searches, we will have to
compete against the package `dis', however.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team