Re: Simple-CDD Etch extra packages not installed from CD

JR Richardson wrote:
> On 8/3/08, Jabka Atu <mashrom.head@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> JR Richardson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've been testing simple-cdd and it is going well.  I'm using etch
>>> with the udeb from sid.  I pretty much followed the howto from
>>> http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Howto
>>>
>>> I create the profiles/default.packages with the extra package list.
>>> The cd image builds with the extra packages on the iso image.  But
>>> when I run the iso, only the base-packages get installed.
>>>
>>> If I add the following to the profiles/default.preseed:
>>> d-i     pkgsel/include  string  ntp libncurses5-dev bison libssl-dev
>>> more-packages.....
>>> the extra packages get downloaded and installed from the debian
>>> mirror, not from the packages stored on the CD.
>>>
>>> If I understand correctly, this behavior is not right.  The included
>>> packages in the default.packages should be installed from the CD
>>> within the debinstaller.
>>>
>>> Any guidance would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> JR
>>> --
>>> ---------------------
>>> JR Richardson
>>> Engineering for the Masses
>>>

>> use --local-packages path to get the files into the cd .
>> You can read
>> http://bsh83.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-carma-or-so-many-bugs.html for
>> more info
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I tried to build with the '--local-packages ./pool/main' option, but I
> did not get the desired results, the extra packages where still
> downloaded from the mirror instead of the local cd. I don't think I'm
> using the --local-packages option correctly.
>
> Any further guidance?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JR

Did you create a full profiles/profile.* dir ?

did you use the :
tasksel   tasksel/first multiselect yourprofilename

the packages should be inside one dir (all under same dir) -
you can use Boris Shtrasman solutione : find /opt/debs -name *.deb
- -exec mv '{}' \;

don't forget to  have profiles/profile.preseed , conf , packages and
description

so you could use :

simple-cdd --conf profiles/profilename.conf --dist etch --profiles
profilename  -s --do-mirror --local-packages /opt/debs -locale en-US
- --profiles-udeb-dist lenny --qemu

Again read my posts about it (simple-cdd) i wrote some issues and
known bugs about it (and how to fix it ).
some examples :
profile.conf:
locale=en_US
debian_mirror="http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian";
use_serial_console="false"
profile.

cat profiles/profile.description
Super Debian distro.

cat profiles/gateway.packages
openssh-server
strace
pptp-linux
telnet
curl
wget
smail
nmap
vim
lynx
jabkas-modules
jabkas-module-assitant

- --
- ---==== Jabka Atu ===---
    bsh83.blogspot.com
- ---=== Encryption is a way of life ===---