Re: Adding custom packages to simple-cdd

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 11:29:44PM -0700, David Stone wrote:
> I've been using simple-cdd for a school project and so far I have gotten
> it to do what I want it to do. But now I've been trying to find a way to
> add a few custom debian packages to the installation CD but have not
> found a way to do this. The only way I could see to do it with
> simple-cdd is to create a custom mirror with the custom packages and
> then tell simple-cdd to use that mirror but it seams that the mirror
> would also have to have all the regular debian packages. Is there a way
> to use multiple mirror with simple-cdd or maybe even an easier way just
> to add a few custom packages to the CD?

use the --local-packages commandline option mentioned in the --help
output and manpage, and try the --extra-mirror commandline option, which
is not part of the --help output or manpage.

simple-cdd --local-packages /path/to/dir/with/deb/files/

simple-cdd --extra-mirror url://of.debian.mirror/dir/of/repository

note that, if you want it to use your packages, they must be higher
versions than the ones in the debian repositories(including
security.debian.org), or not exist in the debian repositories.

you'll also have to specify the packages in one of the
profiles/*.packages or profiles/*.downloads that you've selected, of
course (profiles/default.* is always used).

good luck.

live well,
  vagrant