Re: Bits from the Debian i18n Meeting (Extremadura 2007)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, David Paleino wrote:

Il giorno Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:18:02 +0100
"Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@gmail.com> ha scritto:

On Jan 14, 2008 9:13 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
Once this is working nicely we will issue an announcement on dda and
try to make the code available for all CDDs in the common CDD framework.

Which bit isn't working nicely? Apart from the fact that it's using
the old address. [..]

Well, I actually was not thinking about the DDTP stuff but rather an
issue that does not include all packages (David, I mean tha aeskulap is
not included - which script is responsible for this?).  This has absolutely
nothing to do dith DDTP but was one point why I hesitated with the
announcement.

This is what I get at each cron's run from Alioth (this is in my
mailbox, since the crontab is set in my user - hanska-guest):

I might try to have a look in the next couple of days.  I admit that
I'm a little bit hesitant with such tools stuff (like grep) and would prefer
implementing it with plain Python functions.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-ddtp",
line 167, in ?
   get_status(item)
 File "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-ddtp",
line 67, in get_status
   if grep("Package: %s\n" % package, "%s/data/ddtp/Translation-%s" % (base,
lang)):
 File "/srv/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/Tools.py",
line 288, in grep
   p = re.compile(r"%s" % search)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sre.py", line 180, in compile
   return _compile(pattern, flags)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sre.py", line 227, in _compile
   raise error, v # invalid expression
sre_constants.error: multiple repeat

I haven't had the time to have a look at it, and I don't believe the scripts
are mature enough to go into cdd-dev.

Well, I think about a configuration file that stores releavant path to
some information.  If other CDDs adopt to the suggested layout they can
profit from the tools.  If not they are free to ignore it.

Currently I'm damn busy, and I can't have a look at the script. Please feel
free to fix it.

We'll see

http://fam-tille.de