Re: What happened to Agnula.org (DeMuDi)?

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 07:40:21PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Tomas Nykung wrote:
>
> >The reason I didn't recommend the OP to install Etch is that Etch is not
> >ready for multimedia out of the box, most importantly there is no real
> >time enabled kernel in stock Etch, and that is a _must_ when working
> >with real time audio (latency).
>
> Well, if this is the case why did the people behind 64studio not
> maintain a kernel package that fits their needs.  I would be really
> astonished if there would be no possibility to maintain a package
> linux-image-rt (or whatever name).

THe problem with maintaining your own kernel is keeping up-to-date with
(1) security fixes
(2) hardware issues

A slightly simpler route would be building a slightly-modified
linux-image package (same source, minimal code modifications).

It would still break all automatically-built modules (linux-modules-extra
(?)),  but then all users will need to do is build modules with m-a .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir@jabber.org