Re: dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution ...

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:01:16PM -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Hello "vagrant",
> > alternately, you could grab from the development branch:
> >
> >  http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/bzr/simple-cdd/simple-cdd-devel/
>
> If that works for you, I have to ask what browser you use.
> Neither Lynx nor FireFox see anything there.  Just an empty:

it is a bzr branch, all the content is inside a hidden directory, so you
need to use bzr to get a working copy:

  http://wiki.debian.org/Simple-CDD/Bzr

> > comment out the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list, or configure apt
> > pinning so it doesn't pull in unstable packages.
>
> Not being adept at apt, it is unclear what this means.
> I guess putting a '#' in front of the newly added line:
>
>   deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian sid main

> Yes?  My current sources.list file contains:
...snip...
> and now the new "deb" line, which I comment out after pulling
> the project.

correct.

> >> The file "debian/control" file contains the triggering text:
> >>
> >> $ fgrep shlibs:Depends control
> >> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
> >>
> >> and this is apparently caused by needing some 'substvars' file,
> >> but I don't know what should be in such a file and which variation
> >> of "*substvars" should be used.
> >
> > probably could drop this, but it doesn't hurt to leave it in, either.
>
> Other than the ugly warning message?  It causes angst.  :)

sure.

> Anyway, as long as I know this, I can just "sed away" the issue
> in my build-the-cd wrapper script.

why are you building the package, rather than using the existing
pre-built package?

live well,
  vagrant

p.s. please do not CC me, i read the list.