Re: simple-cdd-profile udeb

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:01:10AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org> writes:
>
> > on the down side, repeated troubles with debpartial-mirror have me
> > looking at other mirroring tools. largely reprepro for packages, and
> > rsync for the other files(docs, debian-installer images, etc). it
> > requires implementing dependency resolution, as reprepro doesn't handle
> > that. but i think i can have something workable in the near future.
>
> What's the new problems that were found by you?
>
> I would like to resolve them. :-D

well, i will try the new upload of debpartial-mirror when i get the
chance(though it may be a couple weeks), but i do have a working
dependency resolver with reprepro now, and rsync for the non-packaged
files. the reprepro + rsync method is actually much faster than
debpartial-mirror, so it might become the default.

but now i feel confident that we can support both methods for
simple-cdd, and if one is broken, we can fall back on the other easily
:)

with a little more work, i think we could upload simple-cdd to sid.

live well,
  vagrant