Re: [NEWS] New debpartial-mirror release

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 03:56:35PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> = debpartial-mirror 0.2.90 ready for testing =
>
> We're glad to announce an improved version of debpartial-mirror.
>
> It comes with a lot of new (amazing) features and it is easier to
> use.
> This release is based on the python-cdd library[1], which is an
> important development for the Custom Debian Distribuition project[2].
>
> The current version is almost ready for production use (some users
> already use it) but we still need more testing, reviews and
> suggestions.
> Translation contribuitions are (of course) welcome too!
>
> A gtk-based UI is also in early developement: suggestions, comments
> and requests would be very helpful to us in this stage.
>
> Latest development releases can be found at O.S. Systems SVN[3]
> repository.
>
> Major improvements of this version:
>
>  * It is possible to act on single or selected mirrors.
>  * Command interface resembles apt/aptitude; this should make users
>  * familiar with debpartial-mirror usage.
>  * Could merge many mirrors in a new one doing dependency resolution;
>  * this should make it easier for CDDs to create custom repositories.

Nice. Is there some documentation on that?

I basically need:

1. A local mirror that has a number of packages from my
local repository with all of their dependencies from the local
repository and/or Sarge.

2. A mirror for debian-cd

I'm trying to figure out if debpartial-cd could be useful for me for
those needs, and I currently can't figure out what I need to write in
the conf file.

--
Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir@local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir@local.xorcom.com