Re: trying simple-cdd

Hi,

On Sat, December 30, 2006 7:10 pm, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> please ask simple-cdd questions on the debian-custom list(no need to send
> to me directly), so others can help (and learn from) the process :)

Ok, thanks.

Error:

>> Installation proceeds to install of the base system; then we get the
>> following error:
>
>> Debootstrap error
>> Invalid release file: no entry for local/binary-i386/Packages
>>

> hm. haven't seen that before. possibly some sort of misconfiguration with
> LOCAL and/or LOCALDEBS variables- are those specified in
> simple-cdd.conf ?

Neither LOCAL nor LOCALDEBS are in simple-cdd.conf. We manually added
"export LOCAL=0" to simple-cdd.conf. But still got error.

if using the defaults mirrorring tools(reprepro and
> wget), they shouldn't be- it's not needed. (though *maybe* something is
> broken with using --local-packages to add the simple-cdd-profiles .udeb)
>
> first thing i recommend trying is just building simple-cdd with all the
> defaults- no profiles or anything.

Tried building with all defaults. Still got error.

and then add a profile with your
> packages that are available from debian.

This gave error.

 and then add custom packages, if
> any.  one step at a time.

We don't have custom packages.

We did get a working *.ISO by using debian-cd manually with the local
mirror that simple-cdd generated. It loaded all of standard packages.

> i'm often on irc in irc.debian.org #debian-custom channel, if you'd like
> to discuss it there...

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never used IRC. Can you recommend a client?

My thanks for you help.

Lloyd R. Prentice