Re: Partman recipe

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 07:34:32AM -0700, philagui wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to do a partman recipe that makes:
> a / partition of 1 Gb
> a swap partition of 2 times the system ram
> a /home partition that is the rest of the hdd
>
> I would like to do the following algorithm:
>  IF the /home partition has already been created before
>    Don't format it
>  ELSE
>    Create it
>    Format it
>
> I tried using the method{ keep } option for partman recipes but it gives me
> an error if the partition has not already been created before (if the hard
> drive only has unformatted space for example).
>
> Any idea how to do that ?

Implement in debian-installer program code that can do

  IF the /home partition has already been created before
    use recipe "Don't format it"
  ELSE
    use recipe "Create it, Format it"

> Thanks a lot for your help.

Yes, I do hope that telling
  "it can't be done in one single recipe"
did help and that my assumption that we are talking about 'd-i'

Cheers
Geert Stappers