Re: Setting up a custom mirror for net-install

Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> Now to my problem:
> To test the changes I'm doing, I've set up a local mirror on my laptop,
> with only the basic packages that I need. The mirror is set up using
> reprepro, and sign with my own key. The problem I'm facing, is that
> during the installation, I end up with some packages beeing
> uninstallable because I dont have the correct keys installed. I've
> rebuilt apt, and added my own keys. if I leave the instalaltion alone,
> up until the kernel is installed, I need to chroot into /target, install
> gnupg, and then I'm able to install the kernel and the needed packages
> to produce the initrd.
>
> But I fail to understand why gnupg isn't installed in the first place. I
> thought maybe it was the debian-keyring-archive-udeb, and rebuilt that
> one as well, and before the disk-partitioning is done, I try to replace
> /usr/share/keyring/archive.gpg with my custom trusted.gpg, but it failso

I found the bugger.
The reason is that some packages needed to be overrided to make the
installation work. This is my override used for etch:

gnupg Priority important
libdb4.3 Priority required
laptop-detect Priority important
console-common Priority optional
console-data Priority optional
console-tools Priority optional
dhcp-client Priority important
gettext-base Priority important
gettext-base Section utils

> Now my question is - do I need to rebuild the initrd, and get my gpg on
> the initrd, or am I missing something?

Well, I could hack only the existing inird.gz, but I found it easier to
build my own initrd.gz using debian-installer, and provide my own
trusted keyring.

I also think I needed to build my own apt, with my own trusted keyring,
to make the installer work without problem. On a longer term, I'll try
to copy the already existing key from the installer into the chroot, but
that will have to wait.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/