Re: Diskless CDDs: ltsp and lessdisks

[Matt Zimmerman]
> patch-1   drop direct modification of /etc/exports in postinst/postrm
>           to comply with debian policy
>
> 	You seem to imply that modifying /etc/exports is a policy violation.
> 	Did you assume it was a conffile? (it isn't)

It is on my installation, at least:

  % grep exports /var/lib/dpkg/info/*conffi*
  /var/lib/dpkg/info/nfs-kernel-server.conffiles:/etc/exports
  %

> patch-14	apt-get dist-upgrade in ltsp-build-client
>
> 	I don't understand why you did this; please explain

I do not know, but have a wild guess.  When using several APT sources,
and debootstrap only being able to use one of them, an upgrade is
needed to get local replacement packages installed into the chroot.

I tried to merge your latest changes into my tree, but ran into a baz
problem.  I haven't upgraded baz from the sarge version.

I now get this error when trying to use 'baz diff':

  % baz diff matt.zimmerman@canonical.com/ltsp--main--0
  * looking for matt.zimmerman@canonical.com/ltsp--main--0--patch-151
    to compare with
  * comparing to matt.zimmerman@canonical.com/ltsp--main--0--patch-151
  PANIC: duplicate ids in MOD tree, status --lint
  %

I got to this point by using

  % baz switch pere@hungry.com--2005/ltsp--fixes--0
  % baz merge matt.zimmerman@canonical.com/ltsp--main--0
  [...]
  % emacs debian/changelog debian/control server/ltsp-build-client
  # Resolving conflicts
  % baz diff
  # Proved to be broken, see above
  % baz diff matt.zimmerman@canonical.com/ltsp--main--0
  # Proved to be broken, see above.
  % baz status
  Tree is not lint clean. Unable to continue past this point
  These files would be source but lack inventory ids (`baz add' perhaps?):

  build-stamp
  client/getltscfg/getltscfg
  client/getltscfg/lexer.c
  client/getltscfg/parser.output
  client/getltscfg/parser.tab.c
  client/getltscfg/parser.tab.h
  client/lp_server/Makefile
  client/lp_server/config.cache
  client/lp_server/config.h
  client/lp_server/config.log
  client/lp_server/config.status
  client/lp_server/man/Makefile
  client/lp_server/src/Makefile
  client/lp_server/src/lp_server
  debian/files
  debian/ltsp-client
  debian/ltsp-client.postinst.debhelper
  debian/ltsp-client.postrm.debhelper
  debian/ltsp-client.substvars
  debian/ltsp-server
  debian/ltsp-server-standalone

  These explicit ids have no corresponding file:

  debian/.arch-ids/ltsp-client.dirs.id

  Duplicated ids among each group of files listed here:

  client/.arch-ids/ltsp-client-setup.id   E_Vagrant_Cascadian_<vagrant@freegeek.org>_Sat_Aug__6_21:53:32_2005_4870.0
  debian/.arch-ids/ltsp-client.ltsp-client-setup.default.id

  client/ltsp-client-setup        x_Vagrant_Cascadian_<vagrant@freegeek.org>_Sat_Aug__6_21:53:32_2005_4870.0
  debian/ltsp-client.ltsp-client-setup.default

  %

Any clues on what is wrong, and how to fix it are most welcome. :)