Re: multiarch Netinstall CD

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:

Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@iki.fi> writes:

According to Joerg Jaspert, the LinuxTag 2005 DVD was made using the
standard debian-cd tool, but with a custom CD building template to
succeed in fitting those 3 architectures into the same ISO image.

My questions are:

1) What other architectures could be made to co-exist on the same media?

Joerg already tried to combine i386/ppc/amd64/hppa and
i386/ppc/amd64/sparc.

the later one always made the medium unbootable.

I'm really curious how this was done, especially the first combination. Perhaps if everyone could see the scripts that Joerg currently has, then we could all use that as a study material for the debian-cd rewrite and as examples of tricks to try making other architectures bootable on the same CD?

--
Martin-Eric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi