Re: an apt wrapper for dependency resolving

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com> writes:

> Hi

Hi,

> So far I've been unable to find a simple debian tool to get "a list of
> packages and their dependencies". So here's a small wrapper around
> apt-get/apt-cache/aptitude to use a separate tree. This lets me use
> 'apt-get -d' to get all the missing packages and add them as an extra
> directory ( /pool/debian , a sibling of /pool/main) of my source.

Very interesting approuch since you made very simple tool.

We are finishing the next version of debpartial-mirror and it has a
lot of interesting features and this is one of them. You can also, and
for you looks more interesting, use reprepro for handle it and it
already has support to solve dependencies.

Do a look :-D

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116