Re: ITP: ibuild -- Custom GNU/Linux LiveCD Distribution creator
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Custom Debian Distributions <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: ITP: ibuild -- Custom GNU/Linux LiveCD Distribution creator
- From: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:45:41 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.4.61.0501260840510.17333@wr-linux02>
- In-reply-to: <1106723825.8068.10.camel@omega>
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.4.61.0501260753390.17333@wr-linux02> <1106723825.8068.10.camel@omega>
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Alex de Landgraaf wrote:
Yes, waiting for a full inclusion into Debian. I did not know of an
"apt-get - able" LiveCD-Builder before. Did I missed something?
The ibuild and morphix team have been working
together/side-by-side for over a year now, have had ibuild and other
autobuilding packages on http://www.morphix.org/debian for quite a few
This is my point: I just want it at debian.org.
months. Any maintainers out there who want a few dozen more packages :)
I do not want more, I want *one* official under bug tracking control which
works with official packages, that's all.
ibuild is very cool, however there are some issues: you need a morphix
base to start with, and each subset of packages requires a python-patch.
We have a few tools that close the gap, so it's likely that these will
be used in ibuild in the future.
I have no time to verify this in the next couple of weeks. All things are
welcome which enable me to build live CDs with a single command while keeping
only offical Debian mirrors in my sources.list.