Re: How to find CDD URLs

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:06:37AM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I am interesed in CDD but .... I missed connection here.  Sorry.
> > I do not understand your qestion
>
> Andreas Tille wrote:
> > If all fails ask Google: The first link leads you to the Wiki.
> > There is a "Communication" section and I think in the "News"
> > section (perhaps not the best heading) provides the most
> > interesting links.
>
> First of all, apology for my poor English. Let me rephrase what
> I wrote previously.
>
> I am having problem to find technical related URLs on "How other
> are making CDDs". For example on the CDD's Twiki page, there is
> a list of "Common Issues for CDDs". There is also a list of
> "CDDs in Development". Unfortunately, I am having problem to find
> on how those CDD in Development are handling those "Common Issues".
> E.g., it is not so easy to find, on how "debian-med", or how
> "skolelinux" is solving those issues.

I do not know for fact but creating this kind of installer CD from
archive requires you to use debian-cd package.  Using this with local
debian mirror and local customized package mirror should solve it to
build CD image, I think.

> I also believe that "Hacking the debian-installer ISO image" is one
> of the CDD issue. Thus, that article is a perfect example on
> how to solve that issue.

Oh, yes.  You can use this kind of trick to fix minor gliches or
experiment with boot CD system.  But at the end of day, the idea need to
work with debian-cd package.