Re: Tasksel support added to cdd-dev at trunk

|| On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:20:19 +0200 (CEST)
|| Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:

at> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:
at> /usr/share/tasksel/task-files

>> Current tasksel version only read .desc files on
>> /usr/share/tasksel. All need be included there.

at> Guessing from the education-tasks package it might be that it calls
at> /usr/lib/tasksel/package/task-files to find out which tasks are available.
at> I have no time to study the tasksel code.

Yes. It calls.

This is used to locate which packages is part of the task. In native
tasks, this can be get from Packages since we have a field called
task: on it but when you build a custom task this information need be
available in some other way so task-files is it.

at> to something like appropriate, but this "Packages:" key in the *.desc
at> has perhaps to be changed or whatever - I just do not know how to proceed. :-(

>> Why? I don't see a reason.

at>     $ grep ^Packages: /usr/share/tasksel/debian-edu-tasks.desc | uniq
at>     Packages: task-files

Sure but in that case is indicating to tasksel HOW it will localte the
packages. Now you see?

at> Is this a reference to the binary above which prints the available tasks
at> or is it just a reference to the directory /usr/share/tasksel/task-files ????
at> If it is the later one I would break tasksel if I would move the files to
at>     /usr/share/tasksel/task-files/education
at> for instance.  We either need some docs or someone has to study the code.

Look above, I think you will see. Otherwise, I can explain in more details.

>> Sure. I was looking at it yestarday and is same I was
>> thinking. -commom should be used like any other task.
at> Well at least it is special in this way that each other task should depend from
at> common and common itself should depend from
at>       adduser, debconf (>= 1.2), menu, cdd-common (>= <latest>)
at> to ensure that all things work well

Sure.

>> Only another issue. I think we should release the version as 0.3.10
>> and not 0.3.9.1 OR 0.3.90 like GNOME does.
at> That's fine for me.  I have no preferences about naming shemes as long as it
at> is clear that we have not reached 0.4 which I would like to see in unstable
at> instead of experimental.

Ok.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R