Re: Comments on the "Skolelinux - User Requirements·Specification"

at> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Kurt Gramlich wrote:
>> In the adult education i need root acounts for every pupil, so i
>> think about to merge the nice features of FAI fully automated
>> installation and skolelinux. In a tutorial with Thomas Lange i
>> lerned about FAI. If we get a school with about 50 workstations
>> to install, i dont want to do this with CD and sneakers ;-).
>> With FAI it is possible to switch in very short time the
>> installation.
at> Good idea.  It might make sense to include FAI support in the whole CDD
at> framework by for instance serving some adapted FAI configurations in a
at> defined directory.

I don't know if FAI is the best one here. I think one way to do one
install and save the debconf database to be used like preseeding for

>>> system for keeping track (for existance, upgrades, etc) of all
>>> installed machines, and a system to administrate several machines as
>>> one could be mentioned as well.
>>>
>> Like FAI ;-)

FAI do this?

--