Re: [debian-knoppix] cloop from srcatch using debootstrap & knoppix debs

Le dim 25/07/2004 à 18:56, Fabian Franz a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, 25. Juli 2004 18:02 schrieb mammique:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to create a minimal knoppix system (to compress into a
> > cloop) using debootstrap & knoppix debs :
>
> Yes,
>
> since yesterday ;-) there is:

Ha ! Amazing ! :-)

> It is still experimental and won't install X:
>
> Second: I won't take any warranty for any damage caused by this scripts. Use
> them with caution on your own risk.
>
> - Download all files in http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/debian/knoppify/
> - Extract the templates in the same dir
> - Make a new partition say /dev/hda8 (at least 6 GB should do), mount it to
> say mount /dev/hda8 /mnt/hda8 and debootstrap a basic debian to it
> (debootstrap sarge /mnt/hda8), run base-config

Ok, is it possible to do it in a normal directory ?

> - Change templates/ files to suit your needs (resolv.conf, fstab,
> sources.list)
> - Run ./knoppify.sh /mnt/hda8
>
> - Download master.iso from
> http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/debian/sarge-live-base/master.iso
>
> - mount -o loop master.iso /mnt
> - mkdir /mnt/hda8/KNOPPIX.build/master
> - cp -a /mnt/* /mnt/hda8/KNOPPIX.build/master/
> - umount /mnt
>
> Now chroot into /mnt/hda8
>
> /KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed /KNOPPIX.build/master
>
> (this are in fact Klaus' scripts)
>
> The command will create /mnt/hda8/KNOPPIX.build/master.iso.
>
> To install X do:
>
> apt-get install x-window-system-core xsession-initscript-knoppix
> xsession-knoppix rxvt-beta locales twm
>
> useradd knoppix
>
> (remove passwords from /etc/shadow again, or leave it: your decision)
>
> Change /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession to include:
>
> set -x
> set +e
>
> (You could also install the knoppix specific profile files)
>
> as first commands to turn off "quit on error" and turn on debugging which you
> can see in /home/knoppix/.xsession-errors.
>
> I did this sucessfully this night. ;-)

I'll try it as soon as possible (tonight maybe)

> We (me and Danix.cz developers) hope that we can create modules and scripts
> for X as well to make setup of your own basic live CD even easier.

Do you know iBuild ? I'm working with them for this kind of things. It
may be very usefull.

> Also of course there are still scripts missing to create the miniroot.

Ha ! I allready made that, you should take a look at my scripts, it's
dirt (will be rewriten from scratch for iBluid), but it works :

Look at "boot" parameter :

# ./garbure boot

I also makes the main & the help screens (F2, F3) & bootsplash.

http://industrie.dyndns.org/soft/garbure/garbure-20040725.tar.gz

> cu
>
> Fabian

Thank you very much.