Re: No CDD talk at debconf4 ?

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:23:29AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I would not go with this implicite answer.

I've got confirmation that the schedule, not counting informal BOF
style meetings, is fixed.

> I would it definitely not call it BOF.

Alright. We can not refer to it as a BOF if you'd prefer. The NP folks
already in Brazil would like to have the session incorporate a good
deal of interactivity so we have something concrete to report back
though.

> IMHO the general problem of CDD is that many developers do not even
> know about this stuff or just ignored it. I would strongly vote for
> finding a reasonable place for a general CDD talk *in the beginning*
> of the conference because I expect a talk which is well done to rise
> up several questions which should be discussed in the time of the
> conference (and not after it which would be the case if it would be
> done on the last day).

I strongly voted for this as well and my application was turned down.
I'm currently staying at the home of the one of the major Debconf
organizers and she assured me last night that they were done adding
formal talks to the schedule.

I'm trying to make the best of this situation by offering the prime
space that we're given for Debian-NP up to CDD more generally for
CDD. I know this is less than ideal but it may be the best we can do.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill