Re: Debian Perl: Digital Detective

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 12:09 PM Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> wrote:

> > Interesting, but I do wonder how compliant that is with our trademark...?

Our comments here are limited to avoid potential issues in the future
under the theory of estoppel [1] but consumers may have to confuse the
book with our free software distribution, i.e. buy one instead of the
other.

Also, please have a closer look at our trademark class [2] which
includes some downloadable media content, but may or may not apply to
works of art. [3]

I have no legal training. Please do not rely on this message in any way. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Felix Lechner
on behalf of the Trademark team

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estoppel